Sunday 31 October 2010

Huge Struggle

We're both struggling mightily this evening. I wanted to read a particular book to Nattie at bedtime, but I couldn't find it in her room. So I braved going into Kay's room to see if it was there. As I opened her various cupboards I was slapped in the face by just how unfinished her life is. There are presents from her last birthday that we'd just starting using, the soap making and perfume making kits that she got. There are presents that have not yet been used and there are some that have not yet been opened, a few folorn packages that will wait forever before they get attention.

What on earth are we ever going to do with her bedroom? The emotional cost of even thinking about it is so gigantically enormous that I can't even conceive of a moment when we will be strong enough to face it. That room on its own represents the challenge of a lifetime. But Fortunately there is no need to face it now. But it does sit there casting a heavy shadow over the future. I know that at some point we are going to have to do something about it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you poor people! Made me cry - I just can't imagine anything so awful as the symbolism you just described.
    When you are ready, I hope that someone will be able to help you to stop it casting such a shadow.
    Meanwhile, will be thinking of you all today, hoping and praying that you can make a start on picking up some threads without putting yourselves under too much pressure.
    Love and hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rob, wat is dit ongelofelijk moeilijk voor jullie. Het is inderdaad wat je zegt, je hoeft er op dit moment niets mee te doen. Ik wens jou en Marion heel veel sterkte voor de komende week. Knuffel Bettine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay's room can stay as it is as long as you want it to. Do not rush it. I have rushed some things concerning my son and his "unfinished life" and later regretted it. Make sure that any changes are made with peace of mind....not what you think is expected of you. There are no set "stages" of grief as some may think and there are no limits. Trust yourself.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete