Saturday 2 October 2010

Staff Roll of Honour

I'm terrible at remembering names, it really is a big weakness of mine. So during the last months of Kay's treatment in Nijmegen I worked very hard to remember all the names of all the people who were so kind to us and caring of Kay. I don't want to forget anyone, not one single person. And yet my memory of the last months is already starting to lose definition, I suppose as part of the healing process that we're starting.

So I'm going to list the names of everyone I can remember. I want to create a permanent Roll of Honour, an digital plaque of remembrance for all the kindness and care that we received. A place where Marion & I can come back a read the list of names and remember the untold acts of kindness associated with them. And there's nothing like posting something on Google to make it last forever.

For the sake of privacy I'm going to use first names only. I'll also add the following caveats: I didn't know everyone's name so if I overlook you, please forgive me. It certainly doesn't mean that I've forgotten. Please also forgive any spelling mistakes, that's another of my weaknesses. Finally, there's no particular order to the names, only the order my befuddled brain spewed out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Leonie, Nieke, Johan, Laura, Monique, Mieke, Rosalie, Suzzanne, Dave, Roger, Els, Sylvia, Parrijn, Jonja, Anita, Christien, Crystel, Maartje, Agmar, Trudy, Jolanda, Marianne, Cathrien

Ellen, Koen, Marushka, Jacqueline, Peter, Annelies, Jan, Paul, Natascha

Joyce, Coby, Yvette, Daniella, Gerda

Annelies, Ruud, Carin, Anniek, Joris, Johan, Chantal

Esther

--------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment