Tuesday 12 October 2010

Something Beautiful to Cheer Up the Day

Take a look at the following photo series: click here

I shot these photos this afternoon in the garden here. This is why I love digital photography in general and my beautiful Canon 7D in particular.

According to the internet it's a Hummingbird Hawkmoth.

If you're into techno babble: the series was shot at ISO 2000, 1/2000 sec, F5.0, 200mm using a Canon EF 70-200 F4.0 IS USM lens. I then used Lightroom 3.2 to remove the noise caused by ISO 2000 and to adjust the image. I've done this using an uncalibrated monitor, so the colours may be off. I'll process them properly when I'm home.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pictures! And what a beautiful person you are to see the beauty of nature even if you are so much in pain. That's creativity.
    x Bettine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Rob! I have heard of the Moth that looks like a hummingbird but had never seen one or even a picture of one! Thank you for sharing!

    When I see something beautiful, something unique, I take it as a sign (I'm sure you understand me).

    Love and hugs,
    Debbie Hearne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pics.
    That sunset is stunning.
    Loads of love to all.
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are two techniques you may want go Google on: "HDR photography" and "tilt shifting". The first is about combining different shots of the same scene with different exposure settings, creating a dramatic contrast effect. The second is about artificially blurring parts of your photo to create an amazing miniature effect. I'm sure both will work superb with your 7D.

    ReplyDelete