Monday 27 December 2010

The Other Side of Christmas

Well, we're here, on the other side of Christmas. This is not an achievement, it's just a fact. My heart kept beating and drove my system on, although for a while I wished it wouldn't. I'm not even going to attempt to describe how difficult and painful Christmas Day was, I couldn't begin to do the feelings justice.

Lauren had a very hard day indeed. She's really suffering from grief, not understanding why, etc. Nothing that I can help her with, the only solution is a lot of Daddy Cuddles, which she got.

Marion did fairly well. No major collapse, she just worked herself stupid the whole day. Is this better? I don't know but it worked for her for a day at least. And now we just have face the end of the year in which Kay died and the beginning of a new year without her. My stomach churns with fear at the thought.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Rob, it was always going to be awful, no way around that one. Now, just the relentless progression of time, bringing with it gradual healing. I wish I could magic you all better. I wish.

    Next year please think about Australia, break the familiar. Come to the sunshine, don't spend all winter battling the dark and cold.

    Sending you love and hugs and strength. Just keep going.

    Love Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of me knows that you had no other choice, given that Lauren and Nattie were with you, than to face the day head on. Although you don't see it as an achievement I think it was. Christmas time was always going to be horrendously difficult. Whilst you concentate on hugging Lauren I am trying to will a hug to travel across the sea for you.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion did the same as I always do on holidays or any other day of importance....work myself silly to try to keep from thinking.

    I understand how you feel about moving into a new year. One day at a time and do not try to think too far ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weet dat jullie in onze gedachten zijn geweest de afgelopen dagen. Het moet niet makkelijk zijn geweest.

    Liefs,
    Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I went through the last two days with family I just kept thinking about all of you and wishing there was something I could say to help.
    Yet another ether hug and loads of love to you all.
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete