Friday 24 December 2010

Habit dies hard

The presents that I bought for the kids to give Marion arrived yesterday. So this morning I showed them to the kids so they could choose which one they want to give. Don't ask me how it came about but I suddenly realised that I'd bought THREE presents, one for each girl. Ouch x Mega Millions.

So now what do I do? Let two girls give three presents thereby emphasising the missing one? Or do I give the third present myself and pretend the hole is not there? Or should one be from Kay thus almost certainly triggering an outburst of tears? So should I leave the third one in the cupboard for another day and just ignore the subject?

Man, I hate this, the pain is so intense.

5 comments:

  1. If it was me I would buy another and make it 2 presents for Lauren & Nattie. I am very much for damage limitation, tomorrow is going to be tough enough without you thinking of presents ungiven in cupboards or Marion facing a gift from Kay. Be very very kind to yourselves and remember that there won't be a friend not thinking about you throughout the day.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because no one knows your family as well as you do, I believe this is a decision that only YOU can make. You will make the right choice. Let the thoughts and memories of Kay guide you.

    Peace and love to you and your family.

    your friend,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a dilemma that one would not wish on anyone. I feel that there is no hiding from the least pleasant but most honest approach. The present was from Kay, and for this one year there is an appropriateness to the action. In years to come perhaps a special bauble on the tree, or a candle? We have marked our own situation, and I think it has helped me somewhat. I wish you, Marion, Lauren and Natasha peace and some happiness this Christmas time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob
    Thats a tough one but I reckon I agree with Sharon on this one.
    Anyway, John, James, Emily and I wanted to send you all our love for Christmas and when Mum spoke to Marion this morning she was explaining that our cards hadn't arrived because of the postal strike so this is the next best thing. We think of you all constantly.
    Have the best possible Christmas with lashings of hugs and cuddles.
    All our love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rob,

    Follow your heart in this matter, then the decision will be obvious. We wish you all a merry Christmas and all the best for 2011.
    Take care, Leon&Angelines

    ReplyDelete