Sunday 19 December 2010

Another Busy Week

This week has been long and tiring. Lauren's flight home on Thursday was cancelled due to bad weather in Germany. I managed to move her onto a Brussels flight on Friday evening, which was fortunate because Brussels was the only major airport operating. But it did mean that I had to drive to Brussels and back, which left me exhausted - I got home at 10pm. So far this weekend I've been messing around without much energy for anything.

Last night we had a very good evening out with a bunch of people, but we ended up going to bed around 2am. I was up at 8.30 because I was wide awake. Since then I've introduced Nattie to "Thunderbirds", which was an instant hit, we've been for a walk and a snowball fight, I've cleared the drive of snow and unblocked a gutter.

However Kay is weighing heavily on my mind during all this. Last year I was dragging her through the snow on a sledge using my mountain bike. Yesterday evening I had to fight off tears when someone said something that reminded that we watched winter turn to spring from Kay's hospital room - when we went in for the bone marrow transplant there were no leaves on the trees and when we left the trees were in full bloom. While writing that I just had another one of those shock moments, not being able to believe what has happened...

Anyway, I've still got a load of things to do, so I'd better run along for now.

5 comments:

  1. Just straight and level will do for now Rob. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy week ahead, and we're all standing by if you need a leaning post.
    Enjoy the snow with Nattie and be kind to yourself if the thoughts come crowding in unbidden. - Try to give yourselves time and take care of yourself and Marion, Lauren and Nattie.
    Looads of love and hugs

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Lauren is home with you. Sending lots of hugs for you and all the family. You are never far from my thoughts but this forthcoming week never more so.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rob,
    I can imagine that you had busy week and I guess that this week will even be busier; don't forget to spend time with Marion as well as Lauren and Natasha (of course, you do that but I think you know what I mean here). I'm fairly sure that's what Kay would have wanted.
    All the best, Leon&Angelines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you are still there. Hoping that the family that will visit you over the holidays give you, Marion and the girls the comfort you need during these days. My heart is still with you. X Ciel

    ReplyDelete