Wednesday 3 November 2010

Tired++

I managed to avoid a complete meltdown on Monday, mostly because our GP came around in the evening and I chatted with her for a bit. This seemed to release some of the mounting pressure. Yesterday was almost a normal day, at least for someone in this state.

Today I've woken up feeling extremely tired and with a middeling dizzy headache. I just feel like sitting here with my eyes shut and doing nothing. Unfortunately there are things to do so I'll have to raise myself at some point. Tomorrow I have an interesting meeting in London so I want to make sure that I'm fit for that.

This afternoon we are going to pick up Kay's ashes from the crematorium. Promises to be another difficult and extremely emotional moment. I've been wondering where we can put them at home. The scene out of "Meet the Parents" jumps to mind, so I think we should lock them safely away in a cupboard.

Yesterday Esther passed me a "Thought for the Day" , which has stuck in my head: "Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that counts can be counted". This rang with me immediately. I spend a lot of my time trying to make everything countable, I suppose. And as a result I suppose that I could be missing a lot of things that count. Definitely food for thought.

7 comments:

  1. Heel veel sterkte vanmiddag, bij het ophalen van de as. Ik hoop dat Marion er een mooi sieraad van kan maken, wat ze voor altijd bij haar kan dragen.

    Liefs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief can take such a toll on your body, physically as well as emotionally. It is so important to take care of yourself, now more than ever.

    Sending positive energy your way.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts are with you this afternoon.
    With love and hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this afternoon went as well as possible. I like Esthers comment. Good luck at your meeting tomorrow. The timezones are now in my favorite alignment, so it's easier to call you at a decent hour now. Love Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik heb vandaag ook veel aan jullie gedacht.
    Liefs Bettine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rob,

    Your pain, your grief.... it hurts and hurts even me. But I cannot find words, I cannot find anything that could help.
    There is just time, lots of time that will comfort and ease the pain or that will learn how to deal with it.
    For now there is just the knowledge that out here there are people that understand and want to share and help in every way they can.
    There are so many things I want to say, that I say to myself in difficult times. But they seem so empty and meaningless in your case. So many sentences I've written and as many are deleted for they cannot help enough.
    You are strong Rob and that will help to get trough this period.
    Still here,
    Viviane
    PS: Give Marion my regards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the quote is from Albert Einstein.

    Time to think about 'relativity'.

    ReplyDelete