Wednesday 23 February 2011

Homeopathy Again

I got to work around 11:30 on Monday morning, eventually. I was as zonked as one might expect for the rest of the day, but yeh, I did what I needed to do. On Monday evening I was in bed at 10:30 and yesterday the whole family was in bed at 9:30. I fell sleep fairly rapidly and therein lies a tail.

Last week the homeopath gave me some tablets to help me fall asleep. I think that I've mentioned before that I pay as much notice to what the Homeopath gives me as I would do to something from a GP. In other words I just took the tablets, one per day for three days, the last on Friday, and that was it. However, on Saturday it occurred to me that I'd actually had less problems getting to sleep during the previous days. Then on Sunday morning I noticed that again I'd fallen asleep relatively easily on Saturday evening and I wondered about the effect of the homeopathic tablets. Equally, on Monday I wondered if Sunday night's crash had come about because the effect of the tablets had worn off. I discussed this with the Homeopath yesterday and she said that one often has to fiddle around to get the right dosage. So she gave me a different dosage yesterday and has ordered a form that I can take daily. And guess what, last night it was easier to get to sleep.

I'm definitely starting to think that there's something to this homeopathy business, at least in the way that this lady goes about it. It doesn't seem to be particularly "whacky" to me, at least as far as it's gone (and without thinking about theoretical dilution problems) and I do seem to have had some benefit from it. However, yesterday she introduced me to some kind of "tapping" exercises that are supposed to relieve various sorts of symptoms and I found that this pushed the credibility limits with me. I guess that it will take me a while before I'm ready to consider the more tangential treatments that homeopathy offers.

It will be interesting to see how easily I get to sleep tonight...

5 comments:

  1. Interested in knowing what tablets you are taking, sleep has always been a problem. Not so much getting asleep but staying that way but I don't seem to get too tired either so may be not so much of a problem.
    Wishing you a very good night
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're comfortable sharing the name of your homeopathic remedy, please do. I had to laugh about the tapping exercise. I'm working with a therapist now to deal with anxiety about some medical issues, and she just yesterday gave me a sheet of instruction on tapping exercises. This must be the latest thing. As a former therapist myself, I thought "what a lot of baloney," however, I'm trying to open my mind a bit more. I'll try it if you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The medication is "energy of coffee". Note that it's not caffeine, but some preparation of coffee. Dosage is apparently a big issue. Note that it's intended to help induce sleep, not maintain it.

    I'll have to think about the tapping therapy, I'm rather a cynical coward with trying stuff like this. :-)

    Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, you are opening yourself to something that can't really be explained. You're getting there.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Diane just threw you a challenge, Rob. Give it a go! And,I will even attempt to attend the 'self hypnosis' pre-natal classes I've been recommended!!!

    ReplyDelete