Wednesday 17 August 2011

Homeopathy Rules!

I felt terrible yesterday, really bad. A blanket of heavy, grey, woolly depression hung over my head. Difficult to concentrate again, memory like a sieve, didn't feel like doing anything at all. And I have to say that I was pretty worried, I had no idea how to cope with this ongoing feel.

Fortunately I had my first appointment with the homeopathist (is that a word?) and spent 30 minutes describing how I felt to her. She rummaged through her books and came up with something that she reckoned would work. Two pills to be take 30 mins before/after eating or drinking anything else. I still apply my rules of scepticism to homeopathy. That is I do what I'm told and don't pay any further attention to it, much as I would do if given medication by the GP. So I got home, swallowed the tablets and moved on with the evening.

However, around bedtime it suddenly occurred to me that I felt somewhat lighter of spirit, the grey, heavy veil seemed to less grey and less heavy. This morning I woke up feeling mentally considerably better. I would say that maybe 60% of what I felt yesterday has gone. The treatment involves continuing to drink water laced with another dose of the same medication and as I have done so I have felt better through the day.

I have no explanation for this, except causality: there's been no real improvement in my mental state for almost a week, in spite of exercise and deflection. I take the homeopathic medication and within hours feel better than I've felt in +7 days. You work it out. I have to say that not every homeopathic treatment that I've been given has worked but I would say that more than half have worked. Add to that that I'm a born skeptic, physicist by education and software engineer by career and one has to think that there really is something to homeopathy.

3 comments:

  1. I have a question for you Rob.....where can I get some of those pills?!!!

    I hope that your birthday has been a good one! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

    Your friend,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it works, or even SEEMS to work, don't ask questions!
    :-)
    What are the tablets called? Are they available over-the-counter?
    Many hugs to all

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew you were stubborn! Glad to see you're opening up to things that can't always be explained. I think there is a great deal to holistic therapies.
    I hope this continues to help.
    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete